DESIGN AND SURVEY
We have a wide range of material and technical resources, selected to provide the shortest possible time of mobilization and organization of your project in the most remote regions of this world.
Question - Answer:
DO YOUR ORGANIZATION DESIGN AN ENGINEERING PROTECTION?
- It is necessary to separate the design of a full range of engineering protection measures, including the development of all sections of design documentation and the development of a single structure (barrier, drape, slope reinforcement system). In the first case, we are ready to offer project design in consortium with the company Geoizol - Project - the leading design organization of our industry, in the second case the development of engineering protection structure - by our technical specialists and designers.
WE ARE DESIGN COMPANY, WHY SHOULD WE APPEAL TO YOU?
- Because otherwise you will reinvent the wheel. We have already developed and brought to mass production most of the standard sizes of protective structures that you have to develop. We are ready to share with you our diagrams and drawings. Our designers are ready to develop individual custom structures for you, which you then successfully integrate into your design documentation, you will receive documentation for free.
WE FACED WITH ENGINEERING PROTECTION DESIGN FOR THE FIRST TIME, WHERE DO WE START?
- Call our technical department, they will explain everything to you in detail and put it on the shelves. We are interested in ensuring that you have a high-quality and competent desing that meets international standards.
MATERIALS OF ENGINEERING SURVEYS THAT WE HAVE CAUSE SUSPENSION, WHAT TO DO?
- If you have a suspicion about the materials of research, on the basis of which you are doing a project, it would be better to recheck them. Send them to us and our specialists will quickly assess the quality of the source data, distinguish the drawn data from real observations.
WE ARE A COMMERCIAL STRUCTURE, CAN YOU IMPLEMENT FOR US A PROJECT OF ENGINEERING PROTECTION FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE END?
- Yes, we can implement all the stages consistently within the framework of one contract, which will give you one hundred percent guarantee of the maximum reliability of the structures:
1) Zero stage of natural risk assessment.
2) Technical and commercial justification of the project.
4) Design, including the development of structures and other documentation (including permits).
5) Production of engineering protection at site.
7) Subsequent maintenance and support of the customer’s facility.
Under landslides we mean movement of (sliding, viscoplastic flow) mass of breeds on the slope, which occurs without loss of contact between the shifting mass and the underlying fixed ground layer, often leading to catastrophic consequences.
Quickly fulfill all appropriate specific studies needed for modeling of landslide process parameters:
• Develop an engineering survey programm, taking into account typical for territory landslide character deformations;
• Collect and process raw data with calculation of quantitative indicators of level of development of slope processes in the study area;
• Perform a route survey of dangerous area and the surrounding zones;
• Carry out a geological drilling and sampling of ground massif according to a specially designed specific network on the entire depth of landslide up to unshifted layers;
• Perform specialized geophysical and hydrogeological studies as well as field studies of soil properties;
• On special order organize stationary monitoring of slope deformations;
• Carry out a specialized laboratory research;
• Carry out a numerical simulation of the landslide process and the quantitative calculation and forecast of slope stability in the site-specific natural conditions and design loads.
Stage of engineering surveys on landslide hazardous areas is fundamental for subsequent design stage.
Design is carried out in accordance with national and corporate regulations, the choice of Landslide protection system 2D-GEO is carried out taking into account all safety factors for the primary and special combinations of loads, while ensuring long-term stability of the slope.
Under rockfalls (rockslides and scree) we mean the collapse (overturning, falling, rolling) of the masses of rocks on the slope (in the form of large and small blocks, rubble and gravel) as a result of their separation from the base mother layer.
During the engineering survey in rockfall areas we take into account the following specific factors:
• The association of slope processes with specific geological formations, tectonic structures and geomorphological elements;
• Influence of hydrogeological, hydrological and meteorological conditions on the occurrence of slope processes;
• Influence of relief, slope steepness and exposure on manifestations of rockfalls;
• The role of the human factor in activization of slope processes;
• The presence of other types of modern exogenous geological processes (weathering, erosion, abrasion, etc.) and determination of degree of their influence on slope stability.
Rockfall hazard evaluation is based on:
• The amount of landslide masses of rock, ready to shift;
• Trajectory of falling rocks;
• Speed of falling rocks;
• Kinetic energy released during rockfalls.
Simulation of rockfall should take into account spatial phenomena. The basis for the calculations are the engineering-geological maps showing the features of the spatial position of mobile blocks, with real and potential surfaces and weakening areas.
We carry out calculation, selection and design of the following flexible rockfall protection structures:
• catching structures: rockfall protection barrier;
• retaining structures: landslide protection system 2D-GEO.
PROTECTION FROM DEBRIS FLOW
Under the debrisflow (mudflow) we understand suddenly encountered short time destructive mountain flows of mud and rocks (flow rate up to 10 m / s), full of detrital material (up to 50 - 70% of total) formed in mountain river beds and temporary water streams during heavy rains or intensive melting of snow and ice, as well as a result of breakout of dams, natural and artificial dikes in valleys, with stocks of loose debris.
To design an individual debris flow barrier for your area we will need as minimum the following parameters of debris flows:
• Speed of movement;
• Impact force of the flow;
• Volume concentration of solids in the mudflow mass;
• The nature of the movement;
• Hydraulic flow radius;
• Lag time of stream to a given cross-section of valley.
PROTECTION FROM SNOW AVALANCHES
Safety of people and economic efficiency of commercial facilities in high mountains are highly dependent on the correct definition of avalanche starting area and evaluation of dynamic characteristics of avalanches, such as volume, speed, impact force and the height of it's front. At the same time signs of avalanche activity, expressed in the landscape, not always define the boundaries of possible avalanches and not always allow us to estimate the value of their dynamic characteristics. Therefore particularly important task - to collect reliable data for correct design of avalanche protection structures at design stage. This task should be solved by trained professionals on all stages.
Design of Geobarrier flexible snow retention barriers is based on federal regulations norms acting on the territory of the Russian Federation. We also took into account the best of all foreign experience.
Normative documents we were guided by when creating the barrier:
• SP 116.13330.2012 (SNIP 02/22/2003);
• SP 22.13330.2011 (SNIP 2.02.01-83);
• VSN 02-73 Guidelines for the calculation of snow avalanche loads in the design of structures (M.: Gidrometeoizdat, 1973);
• Adaptation of the Swiss Guidelines for supporting structures for Icelandic conditions (VÍ-G99013-ÚR07, Reykjavík, 1999);
• Defense structures in avalanche starting zones (Technical guideline as an aid to enforcement. Environment in Practice no. 0704. Federal Office for the Environment, Bern; WSL Swiss Federal Institute for Snow and Avalanche Research SLF, Davos, 2007);
• Eidgenössisches Institut für Schnee- und Lawinenforschung. Richtlinien für der Lawinenverbau im Anbruchgebiet. (Swiss Guidelines for supporting structures, Bern, Bundesamt für Umwelt, Wald und Landschaft. 1990);
• WYDOT Final Report: Snow Supporting Structures For Avalanche Hazard Reduction, (151 Avalanche, Highway US 89/191, Jackson, Wyoming, FHWA-WY-09/05F, 2009).